Manufactured Homes

Procedure for Transferring a Manufactured Home Title

  1. Applicant must possess the most recent valid title.
  2. The title is submitted to the Jackson County Treasurer's Office (located at 226 east Main St. Jackson, Ohio 45640), either in person or by mail for tax payment verification.
  3. In order to receive the Treasurer's stamp, the full year's tax, including any delinquencies, must be paid in full.
  4. A conveyance form from the Auditor's Office must be completed and submitted along with a fee of $4.00 per thousand of the purchase price and a 50 cent transfer fee per title.  Upon receipt of this information and fee, the Auditor's Office will stamp the title.
  5. A new title may then be obtained from the Title Department 502 McCarty Lane suite 4 Jackson, Ohio 45640


Relocation Notice

  1. To legally move a Manufactured Home from, to, or within Jackson County, a Moving Permit must be obtained from the Auditor's Office. 
  2. The full year's Manufactured Home tax, including any delinquencies, must be paid in full.
  3. The Moving Permit fee is $5.00.
  4. The Auditor's Office will provide a yellow sign that must be displayed in the rear window of the home before it is moved.
  5. Failure to comply will result in a $100 penalty added to the tax bill.      

Penalty for failure to register a Manufactured Home

Homeowners are required to register their home with the county Auditor’s office within 30 days after locating in Jackson County. Failure to do so can result in a $100.00 fine in addition to taxes being calculated for prior years.

If you own a manufactured home in Jackson County that is not registered, (You do not receive a tax bill) make sure to register it as soon as possible or taxes could be generated for up to 5 years plus the current year.      

Board of Revision                    

Home owners may appeal the valuation of their manufactured home with the Board of Revision by filing a complaint between January 1 and March 31.


Converting a Manufactured Home to Real Estate

Certain manufactured home owners may be eligible to have their home taxed as real-estate.  To do so, you must meet certain criteria, the home must be affixed to a permanent foundation, and the owner of the home must also own the land.  All taxes must be paid, and the title of the manufactured home must be inactivated and surrendered to the Auditor’s office. If you feel this would be to your benefit please fill out the form below.